So after having four babies now I have asked numerous occasions what I love and what I don’t, maybe people think I’m a pro baby buyer. But trust me I’ve spent my money on crap and quick fixes that didn’t work or do what I thought they would. So this blog post is purely just for people who want some idea of what I would recommend. It isn’t a sponsored post or an ad.
It’s overwhelming and sometimes we buy all this baby stuff that we just don’t even use half of it. Everyone has their must haves things and what some may love what others may not.
- BABY BREEZA – My baby formula machine. Its like a coffee machine but for babies. This is by far my FAVOURITE item for baby. If to was to break i’d easily buy another. It makes warm bottles. It dispensers the formula and water at the optimal temperature. There are a couple of things that can frustrate me about it like the light being so bright at night (first world lazy problems. I take it to bed with me) but I just put a beanie over it. I clean it weekly and I clean the part where the water and formula dispenses every four or so bottles as a warning light flicks on if it isn’t done. I recommend my brand one as I don’t know about any others. And I purely recommend it if you don’t plan on breast feeding or stop breast feeding. Though they are pricy I would suggest if you have a baby shower or family and friends ask what you want to throw in some money. MAKE SURE YOU BUY SUITABLE FOR YOUR COUNTRY!
- LOVE TO DREAM SWADDLES – All of my babies have used them even Ayden. They’re so easy to use and make a settled night for bub. They have to zips for easy nappy changes and come in many different colours, warmths, zips on arm and no zips. We actually ended up using the 50/50 one for Sonny with the arm zips when we were in hospital and he had a drip in his little hand.
- BABY SWING – I have been through so many! I currently now use the one I used for Ivie and Indie. Though I had to buy it second hand as they don’t make it anymore. A swing that has different speeds and lays semi flat is defiently a need.
- LULLA DOLL – I caved about a year or more ago when they became super popular. I originally got it for Indie but I had to wait 6 weeks for it and she just never took to it. Mind you she was 8 months and stubborn. I’ve used it since Sonny was born and I think it helps him sleep during the night, he still wakes so I don’t think they help make them sleep through the night. I use this and the swaddle at night only I don’t use them during the day. If you get one on these bad boys stock u on AAA batteries they play for a solid 8 hours! Ive seen another one called Riff Raff & Co that only play for 20 mins and either play white was or nursery rhymes. These are soft and cuddly too. These ones are great if you don’t want the noise all night. They’re the cheaper option and just as great.
- ONEPIECES – I don’t know how many things I’ve brought that haven’t been worn because they’re just impractical but cute. Baby jeans – seriously I’m uncomfortable in the them so I can’t imagine they’re comfy for a baby. I also avoid anything that sits too tight on their little tummies.
- PORTABLE BATH – I use the Stokke one because it folds in half to be put away and Ivie & Indie use it too! Its so handy to have and easy to store. Indie has her eczema soaks in them and Ivie loves just sitting in it. Though I don’t like their newborn seat part I use another brand one in it.
- CHANGE MAT – I don’t use a nappy change table thing. I actually change bums in the lounge room. I use to have change tables for Ivie and Ayden but i never used it. I just brought a wipeable change pad from Kmart.
- BASSINET – Seriously buy one that side goes down on. I’ve got a pricey one which I absolutely love but you can buy cheaper versions of them. I love love love mine!!
NOT REALLY NEEDED
- Capsule. I’ve had two now for Ivie and Sonny and they’re more of a hinderance than “life saving” they’re heavy and hot. So many times I’d leave Ivie in it to sleep and I would pull the poor baby out sweating up a storm. I use normal carseats now so it stops me being lazy and letting them sleep in it.
- Nursing pillows. I used them with Indie and I honestly think a boomerang pillow is just as good.
- Baby carrier wraps. I just never got the trend of it. I tried and never felt comfortable enough to just have babe hanging in there. I use the baby Bjorn one carrier for them.
- Baby shoes. More of an annoyance to try and get on than anything. Socks and booties!
- Milestone cards. You’ll forget after four months.
- Nappy disposal bins. Just bag it and throw it.
I personally suggest go second hand if you. I have brought so many things second hand. I always inspect things before I purchase it – actually thats a lie the bloody swing I brought for $99 in perfect used condition I went to pick up and Sonny was screaming so I just threw it in the car. Got home and found out it had no straps and the cover was mouldy. Thankfully eBay stocked replacements for them. So my $99 swing became $220 quickly. Oh well lesson learnt.